This project is read-only.

No system tray icon

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:17 PM
First of all, I'm so glad you took the time to write this great piece of software! I have relied on Google's outlook sync program forever until they nixxed it, but this little program works great for my purposes (which only requires a one-way sync).

My question is this: I'm using Windows 7 Pro and OutlookGoogleSync v1.0.9. I have it configured to minimize to tray and show a bubble on sync; however, when I minimize the program there is no system tray icon and no notification on sync. It does seem to be syncing, but it would be nice to see the notification and a tray icon.

Is there something in the configuration files that I can do to get this to work?
Thanks!
Aug 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Hi

If I minimize OutlookGoogleSync, I don't have any tray icon either, but the processes are running in my case (OutlookGoogleSync.exe), and it seems to be syncing...

Do you have the processes running?
Sep 1, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Hi OutlookGoogleSync,

I'm having the same problem that I do not see the tray icon. I'm running on windows 7 pro 64bit sp1. Syncing seems to be working and I have a process running. I just can't get the program window to reopen after I've setup the tray icon - no tray icon shows up. Is there a solution to this problem?

Best regsards Nick
Nov 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM
This is a bug in the software which I have fixed over at https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com which is a clone of this project as it seems to have fallen dormant.
I've added lots of new features too, such as differential comparison of calendar items, more reliable method to match items, merge with existing calendar items, attendees added properly. It should also be more stable, so give it a whirl :)
Dec 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2014 at 3:52 PM
phw198 wrote:
This is a bug in the software which I have fixed over at https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com which is a clone of this project as it seems to have fallen dormant.
I've added lots of new features too, such as differential comparison of calendar items, more reliable method to match items, merge with existing calendar items, attendees added properly. It should also be more stable, so give it a whirl :)
Hi, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I am getting the following error when trying to install the clone:
System Update Required

Unable to install or run the application.  The application requires 
that assembly office Version 14.0.0.0 be installed 
in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.
I'm running Windows 7 Pro and using MS Office 2007 Professional. I've also tried to install the 2007 and 2010 Primary Interop Assemblies Redistributable packages, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for keeping this project alive...even with all the bugs, the original project has been extremely useful. It would be nice to get this updated clone installed though.

Thank you so much for your help :)
Dec 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Could you try using the ZIP download, unpacking this and then just running the .exe directly, instead of the ClickOnce installation:

https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/downloads/get/969334

If you could confirm if this works, I'll make this clearer on the homepage!
Dec 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM
phw198 wrote:
Could you try using the ZIP download, unpacking this and then just running the .exe directly, instead of the ClickOnce installation:

https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/downloads/get/969334

If you could confirm if this works, I'll make this clearer on the homepage!
Yes! That worked great, and it works beautifully! The sync seems to run more smoothly; it has an icon now and the icon shows in the tray when minimized; and I really like the confirm Google delete option.

I am running Office 2007 so I understand that there is no Google>Outlook sync, but that's fine with me. Thanks for the reply and for your work on this project. This is very, very useful!
Apr 1, 2015 at 9:45 AM
You can try Calendar Sync. Plus http://calendarysyncplus.codeplex.com You can download the Zip (Portable) too.
It is developed on new platform WPF and .Net Framework 4.5. More features are in the queue.

It supports Outlook->Google,Google-> Outlook and Outlook <=> Google, multiple profile syncs
May 8, 2015 at 2:53 PM
jlb4350 wrote:
Yes! That worked great, and it works beautifully! The sync seems to run more smoothly; it has an icon now and the icon shows in the tray when minimized; and I really like the confirm Google delete option.

I am running Office 2007 so I understand that there is no Google>Outlook sync, but that's fine with me. Thanks for the reply and for your work on this project. This is very, very useful!
You can try Calendar Sync + (Plus). Its compatible with box x86 and x64 bit versions of office and offer a host of features for user to configure and use.
This application supports 2 Way Sync, Multiple Calendar Sync, Multiple Profiles and Sync configurations :)

Thanks and regards
Calendar Sync + Team