Duplicate Entries

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Hiya,

I used OutlookGoogleSync to sync my outlook calendar to my free google apps calendar and am ending up with lots and lots of duplicate entries. I left it running for awhile, set to fire twice an hour, while out at some meetings and my google calendar filled up!

I thought it was supposed to check to make sure that it wasn't creating duplicate entries. :-(

I'm now going to have to go through and delete thousands of appointments. :-(

-James
Nov 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Although not ideal, I've deleted the calendar from google completely and then recreated it with the same name. Then re-run the sync.

I've found that it's duplicating random apointments, but can't find a pattern :(
Nov 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I can't do that. These went into a calendar that already had existing appointments in it. If anyone has suggestions for ways to mass delete lots of duplicate appointments from a google calendar I'd appreciate it. Needless to say I won't be using OutlookGoogleSync again.
Feb 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Hey,
I have noticed that you have a limit in 250 events to be read from Google.

Sync started at 2/3/2014 5:22:18 PM

Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...

Found 357 Outlook Calendar Entries.

Reading Google Calendar Entries...

Found 250 Google Calendar Entries.

Sync started at 2/3/2014 5:34:58 PM

Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...

Found 220 Outlook Calendar Entries.

Reading Google Calendar Entries...

Found 250 Google Calendar Entries.

is there a reason for this ?
Mar 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I have the same issue. But I did find a pattern.
Only appointment with recurrence seem to have this issue.

And I too had to deleted a large qty of appt to de-clutter my calendar.

Something about it been a recurrent appt makes the software not recognize that it already exist.
Apr 17, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Same issue. Seems to be recurring meetings duplicating :(
Apr 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Looks like this is being looked at on https://outlookgooglesync.codeplex.com/workitem/21