Issue? Appointments not updating?

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Can anyone else confirm these steps to recreate / have any feedback?

Steps to recreate:
1) Accept a new appointment request in Outlook with a location (A).
2) Sync the new appointment with OutlookGoogleSync with Add Description checked.
3) Accept an update to the appointment from step 1 with a changed/new location (B).
4) Repeat Step 2.
5) Look up appointment from Step 1 in Google calendar.
6) Observed: The appointment description in the Google Calendar lists location A.
7) Desired: The appointment description in the Google Calendar should list location B.

Variation:
8) Repeat 1 - 5.
9) In OutlookGoogleSync Un-check Add Attendees at the end of the description.
10) Click Save.
11) Repeat Step 2.
12) Observed: The appointment description in the Google Calendar lists location A & the attendees.
13) Desired: The appointment description in the Google Calendar lists location B & no attendees(?).

Comment: It seems like once the meeting is created nothing gets changed. Ideally, things would be updated. It might also work to delete all Google calendar items and create new from the Outlook items using the current settings.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM
this should be fixed in the new version 1.0.8.
Apr 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
zissakos, thanks for the update!

Updating appears to work for new Google calendar entries created by 1.0.8. I noticed that existing entries created by (1.0.6?) 1.0.7 did not update after my switch to 1.0.8, even though there were updates on the Outlook side, not sure if this was intentional.

In case it helps others, I was able to easily work around this by deleted all existing Google entries (or create new calendar and sync to that) and letting 1.0.8 re-make all entries. They should update correctly from here on out.

Thanks again!
Aug 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Hi, zissakos:

Now I use 1.0.9. But the problem seems happend again.
My sync log:

Sync started at 2013/8/1 下午 12:44:54

Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...

Found 19 Outlook Calendar Entries.

Reading Google Calendar Entries...

Found 24 Google Calendar Entries.

6 Google Calendar Entries to be deleted.

1 Entries to be created in Google.

Deleting 6 Google Calendar Entries...

Done.

Creating 1 Entries in Google...

Done.

Sync finished at 2013/8/1 下午 12:45:05
Time needed: 0 min 10 s