This project is read-only.

Anyone tested it in Windows 8?

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Hi!

I've just downloaded version 1.0.9 and tried to run it in Windows 8: it didn't run, and I got the standard error message
"OutlookGoogleSync has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

Has any of you been able to run it on Windows 8?

If not, any ideas on the cause? Is it expected to be solved in next version?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Luigi
Apr 23, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I had to google around and install .Net Framework 3.5 which was quite a challenge under windows 8.

I can run the OutlookGoogleSync as an administrator, however as I attempt to test it, when I hit the sync now button, I get "Unhandled exception has occured......"

With an error, 80080005 which I think is a permissions issue. If anyone needs any further information, please let me know.

I loved this product under Windows 7, I probably shouldn't have migrated to Windows 8, oh well.

Thanks
Apr 24, 2014 at 3:33 AM
I use it in Win8. I do get an exception within the first couple of hours but it still works before then.

-Ray
Apr 24, 2014 at 5:15 AM
ray5885 wrote:
I use it in Win8. I do get an exception within the first couple of hours but it still works before then.

-Ray
Did you do anything in particular to set it up?

Thanks
Apr 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM
TheJacksonian wrote:
ray5885 wrote:

-Ray
Did you do anything in particular to set it up?

Thanks
I don't think I did anything special. I did find that the sync took too long for me but unchecking "Add Description", "Add Attendees at the end of the Description", and "Add Reminders" under the "Settings" tab dramatically improved that problem.

My Sync Date range is also pretty small. 1 day in the past and 30 days in the future.

Thanks.

-Ray
Apr 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Thanks.
I've sort of got it going, but I have to run both Outlook and GoogleSync as administrator, which is only slightly a problem. I cannot get it to start automatically with Win8 (probably beacusae of the 'as administrator' flag).

If I start it manually, it seems to run for the day ok, until I reboot......

Thanks again for the info.